Anti-corruption enforcement activity is increasingly global. Companies must comply with international anti-bribery laws or risk severe penalties, whilst facing growing public expectations of good ethical behaviour and pressure from stakeholders to improve results.
FTI Consulting’s Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance team provides leading global capabilities to help companies investigate, mitigate and prevent corruption issues. Our specialists advise internal and external counsel, government-appointed monitors and corporate compliance officers, and have led over 300 multi-jurisdictional Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and UK Bribery Act (UKBA) corruption cases.
We offer support at every stage of a corruption investigation, including:
- collecting information
- reviewing and analysing data
- responding to regulators
- acting as an expert witness in court
Following a corruption investigation, we can:
- act as an independent compliance consultant
- assist a court-appointed monitor
- implement remediation plans
- quantify the proceeds of corruption for disgorgement purposes
- calculate a corporate’s ability to pay fines
We develop and implement prevention programmes to reduce corruption risks, including:
- conducting enhanced due diligence on high-risk third parties
- managing third party risk using our online compliance tool, FTI Comply, that automates much of the process
- reviewing pre- and post-acquisition compliance
- training senior management in the handling of a corruption incident
- designing and testing anti-bribery and corruption compliance programmes.